Sunday, January 17, 2010

The beginning

Everything has to have a beginning, right? A starting point. A place to look back at to see just how far you've come, or to realize you haven't yet gone far enough.

For most of my life I've had a weight problem. Even when I didn't have one, I had one. So now, here I am in my 30s, bigger than a dang house. Oh sure-I've lost a lot of weight before, just to put it back on again.

My husband loves me for me, so I've got that going for me. He's a big guy too, and I love him for him. But there is so much we want to do in this life that we just haven't done b/c we are both insecure about our weight. He's more honest about it than I am. I talk a good talk, but then will go hide in the closet with my bag of peanut M&M's to comfort me.

So.. tomorrow is day one. I told a friend it is D Day. I may not be storming the beaches of Normandy, but I am storming the beaches of my unhealthiness. And it will all start with one smart choice... and then another, and another. I don't have a goal as far as how many pounds I want to weigh. I just want the mirror to be a little nicer. I'd like to not get the lecture from my doctor. And it all starts tomorrow. Wish me luck, and tune in to see what happens.

3 comments:

  1. I'm excited for you. Good luck and just remember that you're awesome no matter what you look like in the mirror. ;-)
    ~ Larissa Wms. Works

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on that journey. Alex and I started a diet, well he calls it a life change last week. I weigh in on Tuesday to see if what we're doing is working. We didn't do too much, just ate less and made those "smart" choices. I completely understand how you're feeling though- I want to do more, travel more, and just be more comfortable. However, the weight is stopping us! BTW- I so hate those talks from the doctor!! Grrr! Anyways, good luck I know that you can do it! <3 Amber Lazenby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, chicas!!! Sorry it took me so long to res;pond--I didn't know these were here. It's a journey... one I should have embarked on a long time ago..

    ReplyDelete